FOR THE CORNBREAD:
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
FOR THE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
To Make the Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs, then add buttermilk, honey, and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then add melted butter. Stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Spread batter into the pan, then use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To Make the Honey Butter:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine softened butter, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. Use a mixer to whip for about 5 to 7 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Serve cornbread warm or at room temperature with honey butter.