Fill your kitchen with the warm aromas of vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg. Then watch your guests perk up when this apple pie emerges from the oven.
- 3 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Bean, scraped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss apples with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar and vanilla bean. Stir until well combined, then add 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, 3 tablespoons flour, and salt.
4. Pour over apples and mix until well coated, then put in prepared, unbaked pie crust.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and butter. Mix until well combined, then add remaining 1/2 cup flour and oats. Spread evenly over pie filling. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Use a mix of tart and sweet apples. Cortland, Fuji, Granny Smith, Jonagold and Rome Beauty are all good choices for baking.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour 44 oz. bag$14.29 Add to Cart
Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Regular Rolled Oats 32 oz. bag$8.01 Add to Cart
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Light Brown Sugar 24 oz.$7.05 Add to Cart
Simply Organic Allspice, Ground 2.57 oz.$9.19 Add to Cart
Wholesome Sweeteners Sugar Raw Cane Sugar 24 oz.$6.49 Add to Cart
Frontier Co-op Fine Grind Pink Himalayan Salt 4.48 oz.$5.78 Add to Cart
Simply Organic Madagascar Vanilla Beans 2 beansAdd to Cart
Simply Organic Cinnamon, Ground 2.45 oz.Add to Cart
Simply Organic Nutmeg, Ground 2.30 oz.Add to Cart
Simply Organic Cloves Ground 2.82 oz.$9.19 Add to Cart