What You’ll Need
- Death Star Silicone Mold
- 3 cups Baking Soda
- 2 cups Citric Acid
- 1 Tbsp Buttermilk Powder
- 1 tsp Polysorbate 80
- 2 ounces Jojoba or Fractionated Coconut Oil
- .5 ounces Shea Butter (melted)
- Optional: Gray Mica or Soap Coloring Witch Hazel*
- 25 drops Bergamot
- 14 drops Juniper Berry
- 6 drops Vetiver
What you’ll do:
1. Whisk dry ingredients together with a mixer to remove all clumps. If adding mica, add in a small amount and mix until it has incorporated into the dry ingredients to the desired color.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the Jojoba, melted Shea Butter, Polysorbate 80, and essential oils.
3. Slowly add the liquids to the dry ingredients. Blend until you have the consistency of damp sand. Squeeze a small amount of the mixture in your hands to see if it will hold shape. Continue to mix until the desired consistency has been reached. *If too dry, spritz in a small amount of witch hazel and mix well.
4. Pack both halves of the Death Star mold, pressing firmly and slightly overfilling. Push the molds together and slightly twist until the seams line up.
5. Holding the mold in your hand, gently tap the top and then remove the mold. Turn the bomb over in your hand and gently tap if needed to remove the mold.
6. Allow your Death Star Bath Bombs to air dry for 24 hours.