Pumpkin not only adds seasonal flair, but also lends itself to a thick cream sauce.
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup Half-and-Half
- 1 dash Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 oz. Penne Rigate Pasta
- 4 slices Slices Naturally Hardwood Smoked Thick Cut Bacon, cooked and crumbled (safe internal temp. 145°F)
- 1⁄4 cup Thinly Sliced Basil
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, half-and-half, parmesan, a pinch of salt and a generous grind of pepper.
- Cook pasta until al dente, 9–11 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup hot pasta water.
- Gradually drizzle reserved pasta water into egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Transfer cooked pasta to serving bowl, add sauce and stir to coat.
- Stir in bacon and additional pepper, to taste. Top with additional parmesan and basil.
- Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.