Warm flavors of maple, pumpkin and vanilla combine to make this version of the fall favorite extra-irresistible. Classically spiced with organic cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup neutral oil + more for pan
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Cloves
- Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8½-x-4½-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Lightly oil paper (other than overhang) to further prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Add pumpkin mixture and whisk just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, place on wire rack and let cool completely. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar just before serving, if desired.
From this Recipe
Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour 80 oz. bag$10.20 Add to Cart
Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour 80 oz. bag$14.52 Add to Cart
Maple Valley Cooperative Amber & Rich Organic Maple Syrup 32 fl. oz.Add to Cart
Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract 2 fl. oz.$13.69 Add to Cart
Simply Organic Cinnamon, Ground 2.45 oz.Add to Cart
Simply Organic Nutmeg, Ground 2.30 oz.Add to Cart
Simply Organic Cloves Ground 2.82 oz.$9.19 Add to Cart
Simply Organic Ginger Root, Ground 1.64 oz.Add to Cart